Title: Programs Coordinator
Supervisor: Head Coach
Schedule and Duration: 16-week employment opportunity running from May 6th – August 23rd, 2019 (~35hrs/week). Please note that the staffing of the position and its duration are conditional on the approval of the grant application submitted to Canada Summer Jobs.
Summary: Under the supervision of the Head Coach, the Programs Coordinator designs, coordinates and delivers programming for the FCKC summer camp, in addition to monitoring and assisting the summer staff in executing summer programming in a fun, safe and organized manner. The Programs Coordinator is also responsible for communication of information to the families of campers and is to coordinate, supervise and mentor all summer camp staff.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Summer Camp Responsibilities:
• Manage and deliver the summer camp programs;
• Coordinate, implement and evaluate weekly programming for summer camp with the Head Coach in accordance with Long Term Athlete Development Principals;
• Attend and coach at all designated coaching sessions, a professional approach to coaching is expected;
• Model for staff and camp participants an enthusiastic and positive approach to the sport, promoting team-building and fair-play;
• Ensure compliance with club safety standards and Code of Conduct;
• Work with Township of Langley (TOL) to ensure registered camp attendees are tracked and have complete and appropriate documentation.
Coach Development Responsibilities:
• Assist and support the hiring of Summer Camp Coaches;
• Supervise, mentor and train Summer Camp Coaches to ensure progression and development as coaches and a smooth execution of all programs;
• Continuous learning and enhancement of coaching knowledge.
• Assist in the coaching and delivery of spring programs including sprint practices (High performance and Development), TOL Recreational sessions, school and community booking;
• Assist the Head Coach with the implementation of a Masters’, drop-in and other programs during the summer period;
• Assist with the recruitment of participants from other programs.
• Responsible to educate children on the proper use and care of sprint and camp equipment
• Aid in any repairs and refurbishments of sprint or camp equipment
• Coordinate and communicate information between all summer staff, manage work schedules, track attendance and timely submission of time sheet;
• Responsible for verbal and written communication with TOL summer camp participants and families on a daily basis;
• Ensure accurate and timely registration and fees for summer camp participants;
• Responsible for Padtrack entry.
• Liaison with TOL programming staff
Experience, Qualifications and Skills:
• Enrolled in or a graduate of Post-Secondary education
• Have a valid driver’s license and access to a car
• Experience working with children in a camp environment
• Canadian Red Cross Standard First-Aid and CPR/AED “C” or equivalent (must have completed course before camp start date)
• Pleasure Craft Operator’s Certification
• Knowledge of standard computer software programs (Microsoft word, excel, etc.)
• Strong leadership, organizational, creativity and communication skills are essential
• Red Cross Lifeguard and Swim Instructor certifications are an asset
• Knowledge of the Canadian Sport for Life Long Term Athlete Development model is an asset
• Criminal record check required.
Deadline to apply for position is February 24th, 2019 at 11:59pm PST
Please send your resume, cover letter and 2 reference contacts to Connor Fehr at email@example.com. If you have not been contacted for an interview by March 31st your application will be kept on file for future positions. We thank everyone for applying.